Microsoft Outlook is an excellent desktop mail client which can be used to see your email in offline mode. You can use Outlook to create emails, save them and send them later. You can also take a backup of your emails when required, so that you do not worry of getting them lost. But sometimes, you may forget the passwords for email accounts which you have created in Outlook.
Don’t worry! There is help in the form of outlook password recovery! You can retrieve password from outlook with these excellent free and paid tools.
Mail Pass View is a tiny password recovery tool that reveals password and other account details for email clients like Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook 2002/2003/2007/2010 (POP3, IMAP, HTTP and SMTP Accounts), Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail/MSN mail, Gmail etc.
There are two versions of this software – portable and installable files. If you are using the portable form, you just need to run the .exe file.
A window will open up with your email account details stored in Microsoft Outlook and of other email clients like Gmail, Windows Live Mail etc.
Note : Some Anti Virus programs detect Mail PassView as a Trojan/Virus which are nothing but false alerts. You can safely run this program if you are using for legitimate purposes.
Outlook Password is another password recovery tool to recover encrypted Outlook storage (PST) files and also email account passwords stored in Outlook 2010/2007/2003 in a very easy manner. The advantages with this tool is that it can recover lost passwords for Outlook PST files, retrieve forgotten email account passwords (including Outlook password) and is very simple.
The cons of this software is that it only recovers passwords from Outlook alone, cannot easily export the information retrieved, does not extract full email account details from Outlook.
arge (>4GB) 64bit PST files passwords recovery is also possible. Multilingual and Unicode passwords are supported.
- Outlook Password works with all Outlook versions (from Outlook 97 to Outlook 2007). Outlook Password supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP/Vista.
Elcomsoft Internet Password Breaker is not only a outlook password recovery tool, but can reveal Internet passwords, login and password information and mailboxes in various email clients. The features of this premium recovery tool are, it can identify mailbox and identity passwords in all versions of Microsoft Outlook Express, passwords to all types of accounts and PST files in Microsoft Outlook, reveals stored POP3, IMAP, SMTP and NNTP passwords for all supported applications etc.
Outlook Password Decryptor can instantly recover all lost passwords for all version of Outlook application. Generally, Outlook stores the email account password information for subsequent logins when the user selects the “Remember password” option. This password information is stored in encrypted form and can only be decrypted by the user who stored it.
The present 2.0 version supports report generation in XML format. It supports recovery of passwords from different type of Email account configurations like Exchange Server, IMAP, POP3, SMTP, LDAP, HTTP.
Here are the brief usage details….
- On launch, it will display current Outlook version, logged in user name & OS version information.
- Now click on ‘Start Recovery’ button and it will instantly decrypt all types of stored passwords by Outlook.
- It will display clear text password along with other details such as Email address, User name, Account type and Server name.
- Finally save the recovered password list to HTML or TEXT or XML file by clicking on ‘Export’ button and then select the type of file from the drop down box of ‘Save File Dialog’..
How do you feel about these recovery tools for Outlook accounts ? Do you know of any other tool which is more feature rich and productive ? Did you face any problems in using these software? Please let us know in the comments section.
Latest posts by Palla Sridhar (see all)
- The Changes in the Office 2010 Service Pack 2 – Some Major Updates! - March 2, 2015
- Windows 10 vs Windows 8.1 – Improvements that make a Difference - February 15, 2015
- Keyword Analysis using SEMrush, GA and GKP - January 27, 2015